Tuesday, June 9, 2009

More movie novelization details

I've been pressing on in the movie novelization with what free time I have, and I was very excited when I read the word 'Seeker' in one of the later chapters, only to find that it didn't mean Vossians or jets-- it means ancients. Seekers are mechs who came to Earth to find... something. Probably the Matrix, but I haven't read that far yet. Anyway... In all the shorts and commercials and TV spots, Sam admits to seeing things. Symbols. In the novel, it's revealed that these symbols are what many people in the fandom call Ancient--a language spoken from way, way back when. In ROTF, it's known as the Language of the Primes, a language that only Seekers can read. My guess, though it hasn't been stated, is that Seekers are actually the Original Thirteen, of which Jetfire is one. Or so I assume. Must continue reading. Have to say, though, I love Jetfire to death so far. He's like your crotchety grandpa, only with missiles and armblades and, like, the ability to turn into a Blackbird. Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment